Open Futures Network
Dr Caroline Fox and Dr Julie Gosling (Training & Education Coordinator, Making Waves)
Start and end dates
April 2014 - April 2017
This network brings together service-user and carer led groups, health care professionals, academics, community artists and activists within collaborative and dynamic partnerships, which themselves model the Open Dialogue principles and approach. The aims of the network are as follows:
- Manage power- share leadership, promote equity and learn new roles.
- Manage and celebrate difference- cultural/ religious/ family differences.
- Manage polyphony- work with different voices- explore tensions/ benefits.
- Manage uncertainty- examine risks v opportunity. Compare diagnostic v divergent pathways.
- Manage dialogue- create spaces for mutual dialogue to take place. Celebrate storytelling – hearing and listening. Develop physical and psychological spaces for dialogue.
Outcomes so far
- MAD carnival event held 13 October 2014
- MAD carnival event held 10 October 2015
- MAD Carnival event being planned for October 2016