Young Adults Living with Learning Disabilities (YALLiD)
Dr David Charnock (Assistant Professor, Learning Disability Nursing)
Start and end dates
October 2015 - September 2018
- To promote interest in the experience of Learning (intellectual) disability (LD) from the perspective of young adults and their carers.
- To engage people with LD and their carers in the work of the MIN to help develop and advance thinking targeted on their experience of living with an LD.
- To discuss the effect of LD on identity and use this to establish a direction for both practice and research.
- To identify gaps in research and clinical practice and work to promote the advancement of knowledge and education in LD.
- To foster collaboration and communication locally, nationally and internationally to improve the lives of people with LD.